Match Centre

First Team



Seapoint Rugby Club

Cup Saturday 11 September @ 3:00 pm Away

Early on Seapoint did secure an early penalty but very quickly Wicklow established dominance which they took advantage of by securing a 7 to 3 lead after 8 minutes.
After 15 minutes Wicklow scored a second try but they failed to convert to give them a 12 to 3 lead.
At that point Seapoint reacted and started to create their own chances. They got a foothold in Wicklow’s 22 and got a lineout to which resulted in Cian Cunningham scoring a try in the corner. . The conversion made it 12 8 to Wicklow.

After 25 minutes Harry Martin struck a lovely penalty from 35 meters which saw Wicklow’s lead reduce to 12 11.
Within 5 more minutes Seapoint continued their dominance of the game with Harry Martin taking a wonderful 40 meter penalty that bounced off the crossbar which made the game 14 12 in Seapoint’s favour.

From the restart Seapoint quickly got into Wicklow territory and on the 40 minute mark Seapoint got their second try which Harry Martin converted to make the score and unlikely 21 12 into half time.

At the beginning of the second half Wicklow established some dominance early on as we knew they would but Seapoint’s defence held out and again begin to establish their own dominance once again. On 50 minutes Darragh Mullins picked from the side of a ruck, broke through two tackles and ran under the posts for Harry Martin to convert again making it 28 12 to Seapoint.
Seapoint then held the sway for some time afterwards but Wicklow were not going home without a fight. Within 5 minutes they had their own try which they converted and reduced the lead to 9 points. The score was now 28 19.

Wicklow was now putting it up to Seapoint but Seapoint reacted well and held up well and within 5 minutes got another try from Cian Cunningham and converted by Harry Martin, which made it a 35 to 19 point lead. While this was a comfortable lead, the Seapint supporters were very nervous. Both teams battled on but then Daragh Mullins sent his opposite number the wrong way and scored under the posts which Harry Martin converted. The score was now 42 24.
The Cup was coming home to Kilboggart.
However, Wicklow just didn’t want to lie down and scored a further two scores to see the final score close out at 42 31 to Seapoint.

The Seapoint faithful were ecstatic and it was a real pleasure to see Brian Lyons take the cup from Denise Manning for Seapoint’s first cup in eleven years. Come on Seapoint!!!

Brian Montayne
Director of Rugby
Seapoint RFC



Wicklow 31 - 42 Seapoint Rugby Club

  • Saturday 11 September 2021 @ 3:00 pm
  • Cup Final
  • Away

Previous meetings

11 Sep 21 3:00 pmCup Wicklow v Seapoint Rugby Club 31 - 42
18 Sep 22 12:00 pmFriendly Wicklow v Seapoint Rugby Club 19 - 26
21 Oct 23 3:00 pmLeinster 2nds League - Div 1A Wicklow v Seapoint Rugby Club 19 - 34
21 Oct 23 3:00 pmLeinster League - Div 1A Wicklow v Seapoint Rugby Club 14 - 25
27 Jan 24 1:00 pmLeinster 2nds League - Div 1A Seapoint Rugby Club v Wicklow 26 - 7
27 Jan 24 2:30 pmLeinster League - Div 1A Seapoint Rugby Club v Wicklow 28 - 28
11 Feb 24 11:30 amLeague Seapoint Rugby Club v Wicklow 14 - 31
18 Mar 24 12:00 pmFriendly Wicklow v Seapoint Rugby Club 21 - 39